Don't know what to do.

Reaction score
For quite some time now I have been getting the attached messages about the site I am trying to access not having a secure certificate. It comes and goes as it sees fit. Some times I can just close the window, click on the site I wanted to go to and the desired site will open up. Some times when I close the message and try to access the desired site I have to enter all the information again. It's getting to be a real pain in the ass! Also, I have noticed that when I type in a site in my google search in the middle of my screen I see the requested site pop in for just a second or two and then I get Microsoft Bing screen with the requested site shown. I know the issue is not the computer, it must be something to do with the software or programs I have on my computer.

NOW, I am a 77 year old country boy from Alabama. I may not be the brightest litebulb in the box, but I do need simple easy to follow directions when it comes to these kinds of computer issues, so please, no fancy names, complicated words or directions.

I will be eternaly grateful,
The older than dirt guy

Reaction score
Most of the Browsers as in Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera etc require nowadays a secure connection like in HTTPS. A lot of websites still use the HTTP (without the "S"). That is why you get the message every time you try to access that site. It is not a fault of yours but the Sites Webmaster of the site you are visiting. There is nothing you can do on your end unfortunately.

Reaction score
When browsers get updated they get a list that tells them who has a secure certificate.

The certificate is proof that the site is exactly who it claims to be.

You could change the search engine (in Microsoft Edge Browser) or at least make sure it is Google which might help.

HERE is a guide.

Reaction score
I get that all the time in firefox, it means that site isn't safe. Or go there at your peril, there could be ad ware attached to the site.

Ask a Question