Windows thinks I'm using more data than I actually am

idk

Reaction score
when i go to storage settings, it claims that "apps and features" is using 62 gigabytes.
but, after doing the math, it looks to me like only around 10 or so gigabytes are being used.
it lists a bunch of steam games that dont list file data, and infact arnt even installed. my guess is that it thinks i have those programs installed or something?
please hurry i have ~100 megabytes left and i cant do anything about it

Reaction score
Do you have Windows networking set on a metered connection? If not it is likely automated services using up your bandwidth.

Reaction score
Have you run Storage Sense to delete temporary files yet? Open Settings, then System, then Storage. The first item is where you can turn storage sense on (I personally leave it off). Right under the button is "Configure storage sense or run it now", click that. Make sure the settings are what they are in the pic below, then click Clean Now. If you haven't done this before, it should recover a significant amount of drive space.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 111707.jpg

Ask a Question