SOLVED Windows 10 won't let me install software for wifi adapter

Reaction score
I have been trying to install a new wifi usb3 adapter programme into my computer
However I get this message.
"User Account Control
This app has been blocked for your protection.
An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. for more information contact the administrator.
Program: DWA-182C1_v3.03b04.exe
Publisher : Not trusted
File Origin: CD/DVD
Program location: D:\setup\Setup\ DWA-182C1_v3.03b04.exe

The program is brand new right out of the box. I had to cut through the shrink wrap. It is a D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter. It comes with an installation CD. When I started it I got as far as Agreeing to the EULA and then the blocking message came up.

I went to the section on "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Firewall" and have tried to add this app (InstallScript Setup Launcher) to the list of allowable apps (Private). And I have tried switching off the firewall. But I still get the same blocking message. I am not a computer technician by any measure. But is there something obvious that I have missed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check your account settings..... are you a member of the local administrator's group?
Are you running some third party security suite?
Have you set the UAC (User Account Control) settings too high?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found a method to overcome your issue.
Thanks for the follow-up

Reaction score

Ask a Question