Windows 10 Start Orb

Reaction score
Hello.
I would like to know the location of the windows 10 start orb picture so I can attempt to change it.
I have used some third party software but it is not what I am looking for, all the third party software I have tried so far remove the right click access to admin tools.
Perhaps I can change the orb picture by changing the picture in the file location.
I only want to change the windows 10 orb picture, I do not want to change anything else.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but that's not what I'm looking for.
I'm trying to findout if it's possible to replace the "Windows" orb picture with one of my own by just swapping the old orb picture in the file location

Reaction score
It's a bit more complicated than switching a single image. I don't recall the whole process or the location but I was following others while they did it with Windows 7.

Reaction score
Classic Shell gives an option to replace the Start Orb. But then that puts you on a new Start Menu as well.
I really like the Classic Shell program. If you like to tweak things out and make your own space on your desktop then this is cool! Another cool little tweakster is a program is called Winaero. Here is the link for it. https://winaero.com/ These are the programs I use to really personalise your desktop world.

Reaction score
Start orb is 3 small bmps size is 54x 162 in BMP. so 54 pix wide and 54 pix hi, then stack the 3 on top
you can change but you need a special program to make and save (or you can use StartisBack)
that is what i use to change start button in Win10PE. you can also try. Win7startBC.

Reaction score
It's a bit more complicated than switching a single image. I don't recall the whole process or the location but I was following others while they did it with Windows 7.
Yeah, thewindowsclub.com has a Windows 7 Start Button Changer that worked well for Win7. I'm currently using classic shell and I use the button I made fror Win 7....
startidle.png
(Normal button)

starthover.png
(Cursor hovers)

Ask a Question