Will someone help me, please. Someone in my system.

Reaction score
I've had a problem since November 2020. I've wiped my Windows 10 system twice. It's not malware. It's a person on My computer. There are different apps installed that I didn't install. Most notably TechTools Pro. I can't open the app. The icon is grayed out in my Windows/Start menu. I can't remove the app. When I try to access the folders, it says I don't have permission. I need someone to remote into My system and look around. I've hired two techies, and they've both told me it's beyond their ability to deal with. I just disconnected my Windows Live account from My PC, which seems to have solved the issue. MAYBE?. There's at least a key logger on my system because they go thru and change the passwords on my accounts that don't offer 2-factor verification. I've even replaced the Comcast modem to ensure a new IP address. I need to figure out how they are getting into My system to stop it in the future.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
go could down load FREE version of Malwarebytes . Appears what ever it is , is running sopping you from shutting it down. I have my own bought anti virus AVG ultimate with Malwarebytes keeps my system running. I am not a big fan of MS antivirus.

Reaction score
You say you wiped the PC, was this a clean install or just a reset?
Have you checked your router & other devices to ensure they’re not infected?

Reaction score
check the firewall settings just type it in search box in win10 settings
If you know the address or ip of the offending site you can block it.
disconnect from the net and delete all History from your web browser.
check for installed bogus setting in programs and features in control panel.
If necessary enter the registry and do a search for the offender provide you have the name
to search for.
more tips from microsoft

Ask a Question