What 27'' monitor specs should I look for, when buying a replacement for my 2018 PC

Reaction score
I am replacing a 22'' Samsung monitor. My research says be sure to select 1440 display, or, possibly 4k for the larger screen. The other issue is, as a regular Win 10 user (+ Zoom/skype/WA), but no gaming activities, should I consider a curved screen.? Tia.

Reaction score
curved screen or not is a decision only you can do. Myself am against curved screens as they are IMHO just a sales gimmick and do not have any advantage over standard monitors (and they break easier).
Regarding the future display, what resolution can your video card drive??

Reaction score
I was given an ASUS 27" display a few years ago by a client when she moved and didn't want to take it with her. I would have sold it but it has a feature I've already used, 4 connections, VGA, DisplayPort, DVI and HDMI. Convenience is great, used the HDMI with 2 Notebooks with broken screens.

The advantage of the curved screen can be when using 2 or more monitors side-by-side and scanning from one display to another doesn't hurt with the eye focus, doesn't seem to take as much adjustment.

Reaction score
My research says be sure to select 1440 display, or, possibly 4k for the larger screen
Hi Paddy,

does your GPU do 4K or 1440P?. If it doesn't and you don't intend to replace your GPU, then a 4K monitor is a waste of money IMO!. :)

Ask a Question