We can't sign in... default app Windows 10 1909

Reaction score
This appeared after update 1909. prior everything worked well. But after the update, I got this message. I assumed it was an app, so I restored windows to an earlier point, and the account was fine. then, I restored the documents for the app, and again, the account is corrupted. I have three other account on the machine, and they are fine.

At fist I thought it was an app, so I made sure the apps on the account are the default Microsoft apps. Loaded the image (with earlier data) and checked it. The account loaded fine. I then restored the documents worked on it the last month. With that restoration, the problem is back.

Can a file, not being used, cause a corruption of an account? {nuts! I forgot to stop updates, so the system has alfredy updated to 1909 again. And that is when the error occurred. There are no apps that have ever caused problems. Is there a fix for this update? Can I undo an update?

I am really frustrated. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Reaction score
Since other accounts/users work a guess would be that your Profile is corrupted, probably needs deleting/recreating. Probably will need an account with administrative rights to do it.

Reaction score
A little more in formation. It looks like if have a bug in the update process, which has corrupted my account. I also noted, before I could not sign in, that a default program, TWINUI was in place of my photo program. TWINUI is not a program, but appears to be a bug according to Daniel Aleksandersen of ctl.blog. TWINUI has now appeared in a different account.

How do I fix TWINUI errors?

Ask a Question