Unstoppable scrolling

Reaction score
Never had this weird glitch before in several decades of PC use. Have not yet got around to researching possible cause. Meanwhile wondering if anyone here has seen similar behaviour please?

I suddenly found an application I was using (my video editor) was out of control. Playing a video on my timeline and couldn't stop it. Nor close the app.

Switched successively to all of the other apps I had open (TextPad, Firefox, Google Earth, IrfavView and others) and in all of them there appeared to be unstoppable scrolling or playing occurring.

I then switched to Task Mgr but that too was scrolling uncontrollably. I could grab the vertical slider and move it, but on releasing the mouse the unwanted scrolling continued. Making it impossible to 'End Process' on individual programs.

Used Alt+Ctrl+Del then Reset and all was OK.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reaction score
HI Terry,

is this a wireless mouse?, if it is, have you tried a battery upgrade or a reset?. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie. Yes. it is wireless. Although behaving OK at present, as a precaution I've changed the batteries.

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

if you tell us the make and model, it might help to diagnose the problem further!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

if you tell us the make and model, it might help to diagnose the problem further!. :)

Anker Wireless Vertical Mouse (TM156G). But I don't think we can yet assume this definitely is a mouse problem.

Ask a Question