Suddenly not detecting WiFi connections

Reaction score
Last week I booted up my desktop and it was no longer detecting my home wifi. All other devices in the house were still connected and haven't experienced any issues. Despite this, I've reset my router multiple times to see if it would help. No dice.

After running the troubleshooter with little help, shutting down and restarting, disabling and enabling my network card, scanning for viruses, and replacing the network card with a brand new one, I'm still having issues. When I first replaced the card, it worked perfectly! But for only half an hour. Now I'm in the exact same place.

If any networks happen to show up, they are all my neighbors and not my own. But most of the time it is claiming no connections are available. The latest drivers for the card are from 2017, so I doubt that's the issue. I've looked up and tried every option I can find at this point. Does anyone know what this could be?

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion 500-281 with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 network card. I've had the computer for years and not experienced this issue before.

Reaction score
Maybe a long shot, but any chance you have something amiss in your router's access control settings?

Reaction score
Make sure you're not in airplane mode. the other option is you need a new wifi adapter if you see nothing. If the other devices in the house are connected and you don't see any other routers, then it's the desktop, not the router.

Reaction score
A similar problem happened to me and every day I had to connect manually in Settings/Network. Then I discovered a tick box to connect automatically!

Reaction score
Last week I booted up my desktop and it was no longer detecting my home wifi. All other devices in the house were still connected and haven't experienced any issues. Despite this, I've reset my router multiple times to see if it would help. No dice.

After running the troubleshooter with little help, shutting down and restarting, disabling and enabling my network card, scanning for viruses, and replacing the network card with a brand new one, I'm still having issues. When I first replaced the card, it worked perfectly! But for only half an hour. Now I'm in the exact same place.

If any networks happen to show up, they are all my neighbors and not my own. But most of the time it is claiming no connections are available. The latest drivers for the card are from 2017, so I doubt that's the issue. I've looked up and tried every option I can find at this point. Does anyone know what this could be?

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion 500-281 with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 network card. I've had the computer for years and not experienced this issue before.

By any chance did you sync your puter with another device that has no wifi??? I once accidently changed my proxy server settings leaving me with no internet andd the only way I could fix that was resetting my other device and syncing again forget why this was the only way I could get it working again think when I set it manually when I scync the othe device it wouldn't work was weird.

Ask a Question