SOLVED Slower start up

Reaction score
Since I installed the last Windows update (KB5034441 did not install) my laptop has been slower to start up. Has anyone else had thesame problem or is it just my bad luck? and is there an easy way to get KB5034441 installed or is it best to wait for Windows to solve it? Thanks.

Reaction score
For the slow starting might check Task Manager and the Startup section, if something isn't recognized Disable it.

I just did an Update yesterday on a client's computer and got the same issue with KB5034441 and fixed it using suggestions found here:
A Search on this site may give more information.
There's usually a small partition on the drive of less than 600MB that need increasing in size, double should work. I did find one thing to do, before resizing the C:/Boot/System drive run Error Checking followed by Optimizing.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Bighorn. I've run an SFC scan which repaired a correct system, and have found no problems on the start menu. I'm not really adept enough to carry out any major surgery on the system. Microsoft is allegedly about to release a fix for KB5034441 so I will probably wait to see that. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Bighorn. I've run an SFC scan which repaired a correct system, and have found no problems on the start menu. I'm not really adept enough to carry out any major surgery on the system. Microsoft is allegedly about to release a fix for KB5034441 so I will probably wait to see that. Thanks anyway.
I ran into the same issue yesterday on an older Lenovo Notebook but in trying to fix it found an unusual layout of the partitions on the HDD so I wiped the drive and did a clean install of Win10 Home. It fixed the partition issue and so far no problems with updates.

Ask a Question