Program will not load from C: after update on the 8 June

Reaction score
The program is Lotus Organiser which is part of the Lotus Smartsuite package
Updated to version 1803 on the 15 May and this program ran correctly as did the other programs in the package
Lotus 123 Lotus Wordpro etc
After the update (KB4100403) Organiser would not load it will load as far as displaying the logos then hang
The other programs in smartsuite all loaded correctly
Ran troubleshooter suggested running under a different mode tried all that were available same result just hangs
I do my backups by cloning Drive 0 to Drive 1 which is an external drive
Changed the shortcut on the desktop to run the program from drive D: instead of C: and it runs correctly using all the data files on drive C:
Anyone know what is happening so I can run it from C:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't run this program since the 80's I looked it up and it seems the latest revision was in 2008. Your best bet would be to try compatibility mode for XP or Windows 7. MS is advancing windows more all the time and many old 16 bit and lately, 32-bit applications no longer will run on windows 10. For Instance, As of insider build 17711, Classic Shell is not going to work, In the next upgrade build in the fall CS will not work, no telling what other programs are also not going to work. It's up to the coders that own the programs to update their programs to work in the new security environments being created in windows

Reaction score
I have tried every one of them same result
The program stops loading when executed from C drive
It loads successfully when executed from D drive
Both programs on C & D drive use the same data files on C drive

Reaction score
Well, your best bet is to roll back to 1709 or restore an Image you created before upgrading to 1803, then run some DSIM tools to repair your windows then make the attempt again. You could run them on what you have may help but upgrading to fix issues has never been a good Idea.
Run from an Admin command prompt
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f

Some of these will take quite awhile especial is a lot of repairs are being accomplished don't get impatient with them let them finish.

Reaction score
The program is Lotus Organiser which is part of the Lotus Smartsuite package
Updated to version 1803 on the 15 May and this program ran correctly as did the other programs in the package
Lotus 123 Lotus Wordpro etc
After the update (KB4100403) Organiser would not load it will load as far as displaying the logos then hang
The other programs in smartsuite all loaded correctly
Ran troubleshooter suggested running under a different mode tried all that were available same result just hangs
I do my backups by cloning Drive 0 to Drive 1 which is an external drive
Changed the shortcut on the desktop to run the program from drive D: instead of C: and it runs correctly using all the data files on drive C:
Anyone know what is happening so I can run it from C:
This doesn't address the Drive C: versus Drive D: issue but I've not had problems with Custom installing programs on a second drive or partition as long as I took out the Program Files or Program File (x86) part of the Folder name for the destination. However, the one time I tried it with Microsoft Office it still insisted upon putting about 2/3rds of itself on the C: drive, not a big space-saving thing.

My computer's Settings, Update and Security shows 2 Cumulative Updates since KB4100403 on my Win10 Home/Core Version 1803 Build 17134.137 64-bit. I just installed Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 [2002] on the only drive [C:] and Organizer [and the other apps] seems to work fine. It did give a hiccup about couldn't access the Registry using its autorun feature so I installed using the setup.exe file on the CD.

If Lotus Organizer doesn't work try MyOrganizer Ultimate 7, what I had to get when DayTimer's DTO2000 wouldn't run on 64-bit Win7.
https://www.avanquest.com/USA/software/myorganizer-ultimate-7-27456

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did not install Smartsuite on drive D
D drive is an external drive to which I Clone C drive to every day as my backup so org5.exe on D is an exact copy of what is on drive C
The only thing i changed is the short cut target D:\lotus\organize\org5.exe where I changed this from C to D and it worked Only did this out of desperation as nothing seem to work

Reaction score
Will the Organizer run if the D:/clone drive is unplugged? Since a clone is an exact copy but not intended to run programs from, I'd think 2 icons could work, one pointed to the program on C: and the other to D:. All support files for the program should exist on both drives being one is a clone but the Registry and its entries will be the key in determining which version is to be run [kind of a one or the other thing], not much can be done to get around that. I think most folks will agree with making a clone then unplugging the clone drive to preserve its authenticity, not use it in day-to-day operation.

A backup is a different thing, can set most such programs to copy/back up any changes made in daily operations, called incremental.

Reaction score
Setup the second icon but it will only finish loading when executed from the D drive
It will not complete the loading from C drive wither the clone is plugged in or unplugged
I also did a test to verify that it was using and updating the data files on C
I use 2 external drives which i clone to on alternate days updated some entries then plugged in yesterdays clone and the and the entries were updated

Reaction score
With the win 10 update on the 14 Sept this is not occurring now
I can now open this program from the C: drive
Thank you all for your suggestions

Reaction score
It was not a smartsuite update as stated above this problem started when I updated to windows 10 1803
the problem was fixed when I updated windows 10 on the 14 September

Ask a Question