SOLVED Problems while trying to uninstall Kodi

Reaction score
I am a non-techie who needs help with Kodi, which I downloaded from the Microsoft site so that I could get a handle on the media files I have. After I’d set it up I found that I hadn’t included some things, included things I didn’t need, etc. (I learned a lot while setting it up so poorly!) and I decided that the quickest way to get the program just the way I want it would be to uninstall and then reinstall it.

I was surprised that Kodi didn’t show up as a program in my control panel nor in an uninstaller that I have.

I couldn’t even find an “uninstall” file (at least I could not find it on my computer, nor could I find any mention of it online). I found a file that was mentioned online as containing the information about my personal Kodi setup under C:/Users/my username/AppData/ and I deleted it per the article I read.

I didn’t know that there was more to the program so I tried to download it again; I found that another part of the program is under Program Files/WindowsApps and although I am the Administrator (and always sign in as such) I have been denied permission to access the folder. (I also cannot get to it by going through the Security Tab, which was the “helpful advice” given by my computer).

Furthermore, part of the documentation that came up while I was trying to access this folder was an error message highlighted in yellow stating that “The access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one.” (No error number was included with this statement). I don’t have a clue how to do this and have never seen this error before.

I am having very little luck trying to uninstall Kodi files, and I don’t want to create a bigger problem by making some terrible mistake in the Windows Apps folder.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Reaction score
If you downloaded it from the microsoft store you should be able to find the kodi icon in the start menu, right click on it, and select uninstall.

Ask a Question