New Ryzen CPU/APU's are out

Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone wishing to upgrade their PC and favours AMD over Intel, then now is the time as they have new CPU's, APU's and GPU's on the market, something for everyone!. (Ryzen 3000 series CPU/APU's and new graphics cards).

And for the APU, I have bought (€140) the new Ryzen 5 3400G as a treat for myself. (No need for a GPU as it has integrated graphics running at 1400Mhz!).

Plenty of performance vids on YouTube to watch if you are interested!.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ryzen+3000 :) :) :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
These look like great buys - I'm going to be joining you with a new CPU very soon :D.

Reaction score
One of several comparison vids out at the mo. Not looking too bad at all!. :)

Reaction score
My new APU (Ryzen 5 3400G) came yesterday and it is an improvement over the Ryzen 3 2200G, I haven't noticed much improvement in speed but the FPS count has gone up somewhat in the games I tried out. Certainly worth the money as it plays some triple-A games at reasonable FPS rates. Boost goes up to 4.2MhZ which isn't bad. I cannot really complain as it only cost me €140. I am pleased to report that my A320 mobo is supported by ASUS!. :)

Certainly worth consideration for someone wanting to build a budget PC on the AM4 platform!. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a really great deal for a budget machine - I think it's going to prove pretty popular with PC builders!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought the Ryzen 3600 from Amazon - it should arrive on Saturday :D.

Reaction score
That looks like a very good CPU, Intel have some catching up to do now, they plan to release new CPU's & IGPU's but still on 14nm afaik! (14+++nm). The price hasn't been reduced enough and people will need to buy a new mobo as the newer CPU's won't fit on older boards.

AMD have certainly shaken things up on the market, it will be interesting to see what Intel have in the way of GPU's once they have finished poaching devs from other companies first!. LOL. :)

My Ryzen 5 3400G APU is really good, no need for an expensive GPU to play games at 1080P including even some triple A games, the FPS is somewhat low but I can live with that!.

Battlefield V game test:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...430007A78F5F6B16C248430007A78F5F&&FORM=VRDGAR :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question