MS Products

Reaction score
In the settings Update and Security > Advanced you have an option "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I download Windows. If you deselect the option, leave the page then go back and visit Updates_Advanced the box is checked again by default. As a paid user, I don't like being forced to download options for products that I don't want or use.

I don't use Facebook, Skype, Candy Crush, Groove Music, Sway, Phone Companion...
So why does Microsoft force me to accept updates for these unused, unwanted apps.
I had a paid version (Pre-Win10) of MS Office 2010. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 they (MS) have removed my privilege to use the MS Outlook program that I purchased. When I open Outlook, it's a 28 day trial version and most likely it will cost me $99 for the full version. I downloaded MS Office to Windows 10 from the MS Office CD that I originally purchased, Outlook if I want to use it is still a trial version.

What really annoyed me today (Tylenol Tuesday) was the fact that I was forced to download MB of updates for MS Outlook, Microsoft that's a bitter pill to swallow. As a user, I say to Microsoft; Pleeease! bring back Bill instead of letting generation X run the corporation. :mad:

Reaction score
Facebook is not an MS product. I think Skype is owned by MS now? I have not seen any updates for products from the Store except when I log on to the store and check.
You'll get updates for Office and security fixes for Flash. As for Outlook I guess you bought a Home version of Office at some point. I remember that did not have Outlook which cost extra or you had to buy a more expensive version of Office. I have Office for $99 a year and only use Word and Excel. Now if they would include Visio in Office instead of Access, Outlook, Powerpoint, I'd be happy.

Reaction score
Word and Excel is all I use now. Outlook was one of the best mail programs (still is) Calendar was great too.
Ah! you mention Visio now your talking, that was my sidekick during my working career, designed everything with it.

Ask a Question