SOLVED microsoft office office and home 2013

Reaction score
I've been using excel and when I clicked on the excel icon or any of the icons it responds with the following message.
Windows cannot find C:\users\andy\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internet exployer\quick launch\user pinned\excel 2013.Ink.
Also get a similar message when I try to open word. I have no idea why this is happening. I went to the apps list and click on modify. It
did a quick repair but it does the same thing.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Windows cannot find C:\users\andy\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internet exployer\quick launch\user pinned\excel 2013.Ink
Is the word in red a typo? If it is not explorer then the problem is the path to the file/shortcut is messed up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
His comment was to point out that "Exployer" is not actually a word...
AND
That it could possibly be a TYPO on your part
OR
That the path is erroneous and "exployer" should instead actually be "explorer"

This is the second thread we've had started recently about a slightly older version of the Microsoft Office Suite of software having issues with shortcut links that have worked successfully for a long period of time and have recently stopped working with similar messages.
I made a recommendation earlier that another member might attempt to launch the programs from its' respective program folder and if that works, delete the broken shortcuts and reconstruct them.

Not sure what is going on here but I intend to do some further research to see if others are having similar issues.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I am having same problem with Office 2016 Home and office nothing works, tried reinstalling that did not work because it put things right back including looking for Internet Explorer that was used to install the original programs. Ran troubleshooter it says my programs are uncompilable when they ran fine and were before the New Edge up grade. Tried launching from location on File Explorer location that does not work either . Only thing I have not tried is uninstalling and reinstalling software , seeing it is a one time install and other sites when I sign on want me too verify I am who I am I mite not be able to reinstall software ?

Reaction score
No, the word exployer is not in red.
His comment was to point out that "Exployer" is not actually a word...
AND
That it could possibly be a TYPO on your part
OR
That the path is erroneous and "exployer" should instead actually be "explorer"

This is the second thread we've had started recently about a slightly older version of the Microsoft Office Suite of software having issues with shortcut links that have worked successfully for a long period of time and have recently stopped working with similar messages.
I made a recommendation earlier that another member might attempt to launch the programs from its' respective program folder and if that works, delete the broken shortcuts and reconstruct them.

Not sure what is going on here but I intend to do some further research to see if others are having similar issues.

Reaction score
Sorry it was a typo on my part. I did go to C:\program files\microsoft office\root\office 16 and also office 15
In one case the folder was empty and in the other when i clicked on the excel icon, it replied the can't find message.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF either or both of you....
Right click the Start Button and from the context menu, choose "Run"
AND
In the run dialog box type
winword
and strike the enter key or click OK
What happens?

IF you browse to a file / document that you have created in one of the office applications and double click to open it....
What happens?

Reaction score
Did as you said and the response was similiar to previous ones
Can't find C:\program Files\microsoft15\root\office 15\winword.exe

Reaction score
Second part of question I get the same response
Can't find C:\users\Andy\ documents\document name.xls

Reaction score
Don't know if this is part of the problem but I did have an update on 6/9/2020 KB4561600 (OS build 18362.900 and OS build 18363.00)
This would definitely coincide with when the problem started occurring. ????

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would appear to be an update for Adobe Flash
Since then have you attempted to manually check Windows Updates on your computer and see if there is possibly another one pending?

I'm currently at a loss to explain your particular issue. I suppose you could go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
Then select your office installation, click the change option from the menu bar and see if you can perform a repair of your installation to see if that might help the problem.

Reaction score
Okay, problem is semi-solved. I do not know why I lost Office, but I was able to get it back. I had saved copies of excel files to
a USB transcend. When I opened that up and clicked on excel, the files opened up. So I saved them to C:.
I created a short cut and its working. Now my question is, while all this was going on I had down loaded the newer version of Home and Office using my product key. Can I delete the newer Office or should I keep both? Another? Can I run the newer version offline?
Andy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I do not know why I lost Office, but I was able to get it back.
What does that mean..... HOW were you "able to get it back".

Are you saying that simply by clicking on some excel files on a USB thumb drive, everything started working again?

I can't help but notice that your focus seems to be on Excel.
Do you have a stand alone version of Excel installed or do you have the whole Office Suite of software installed?
Now my question is, while all this was going on I had down loaded the newer version of Home and Office using my product key. Can I delete the newer Office or should I keep both? Another? Can I run the newer version offline?
Personally I would want to run the newer / newest version, but if you are more comfortable with the older version, I think you should go with that and simply uninstall the "newer version", although I don't think there are all that many fundamental differences between 2013 and the latest and greatest.

Reaction score
Yes, that is what happened. I clicked on the excel files on the thumb drive and they opened up. So I hit the save as and saved to
the C drive. When I clicked on the saved document on the C drive it opened up and I was able to use it like before. I have the whole
Home and Student suite. I just use Excel for a lot of things and also word. I'm used to the older version. Can the newer version run
off-line?? It seems to me that when I open a file, it appears on the net as onedrive.live.com.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can the newer version run
off-line??
Sure.
You can either set a condition for one drive to make the file available offline (always keep on this device)
OR
Simply change the default save location to your local documents folder or wherever you choose.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. By the way, was Michael Bell able to solve his similar problem??

Reaction score
one last thought before I mark as solved. There was another update on June 9th besides the Adobe Flash update.
It was KB4560960.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Actually there were three in total.
At least that's what I received.
One for Flash, another for Servicing Stack update and then the Cumulative Update

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question