SOLVED Microsoft Account verification

Reaction score
build 9879.........1 msg. verify account on this PC..........requested code., inserted code , fails to accept code?? Technical Preview is on a separate HD.

Reaction score
Presumably, you went through the process of receiving a new code by tel or Email? You may know, that you cannot use a previous code, a new one will be sent each time you need to verify.

Reaction score
received by email...tried a few codes....each failing , have 8.1 Pro on another HD , it shouldn't matter...should activate code with OS I'm using? and its not.

Reaction score
received by email...tried a few codes....each failing , have 8.1 Pro on another HD , it shouldn't matter...should activate code with OS I'm using? and its not.

I dual boot Win 7 with Windows 10 TP.
I have had reinstalled Win 10 at least 4 times for various reasons.
Each time, I was sent a new security which I used to enter in order to continue installation.

That's the way Microsoft wants. Why do you say " it shouldn't matter " ?
MS decides that is the way installation process will go. We have no choice but to follow the procedures.

If you have just one computer and you cannot get the code while the computer is on installation mode, then use the telephone option.

Reaction score
As David says. It is for yours, and Microsoft's, mutual security to confirm no one is using your live log in.
If you went through the operation more than once quote "tried a few codes....each failing ", then I would suggest you are having a typo with your live log in or the code.

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with install process...my 8.1 is OK...no flag for account.TP is already installed , yet I get a flag to verify now! which when I try it fails code...didn't on previous build.

Reaction score
checked account settings all ........ok............checked Network settings and made sure Home group selected........requested email new code........applied............accepted this time.:)...go figure!...........Thanks all

Ask a Question