SOLVED How to recover data from RAW Disk?

Reaction score
My Windows PC has 2 drives: system and data storage. System SSD, second HDD.
After the sudden power outage, my second drive got the RAW file system. There was a lot of data. How can I restore them now?
I will be grateful for any feedback.

Reaction score
An issue with the drive showing as RAW is usually the FAT/File Allocation Table or the MBR/Master Boot Record has been lost and location of files on it can't be found. There's a possibility the printed circuit board on the drive has been damaged. If the file recovery programs available can't help, the drive may have to be sent to a firm that specializes in recovery such as ontrack.com [only one I've used and some time ago] or the manufacturer of the drive.

Reaction score
Backup is unfortunately in your case no longer an option. You might want to consider a backup system to have a fallback to in case of emergency.
Data should be at least backed up once a week, if not daily. I use three different external drives for system and data backups. My daily backup is on an external SSD but I do once a week on my external HDD as well. I have lost too much data to not doing backups anymore.

Reaction score
so how i solved my problem:

Run chkdsk /f on that disc. But its not working....
1703583656316.png

then I wanted to check the smart information of the disk, but CrystalDiskInfo did not see my RAW disk.

Therefore, I began to look towards other methods of data recovery. Here is an article, I think it covers all the possible ways: How to recover data from RAW file system.
And I finished with that tried the data recovery tool recommended in the specified article, the program found my data.

Ask a Question