How to re-open Internet Explorer on the latest Windows 10 Update?

Reaction score
I need Internet Explorer as a website function could be used on the IE platform only. I did try the Edge's IE mode, but that's a bad experience I ever had.
Anyone solve the IE deactivated issue?

Solutions I tried but nothing changes:
  1. Using Command Prompt
  2. Using Regedit
  3. Reset Internet Options setting
Thanks in advance for any helpful hand!

Reaction score
have had this problem on 20+ pcs its something Microsoft has forced via update. have not been able to make it open yet

Reaction score
Internet explorer has been retired permanently and has been deleted/uninstalled via Windows update a while back. Edge used to have an IE mode but I do not know if that is still active (I do not use Edge).

Reaction score
Anyone solve the IE deactivated issue?
There's really nothing to solve, once an app is discontinued it's gone. Might check www.majorgeeks.com and its Browser section for a third-party program, there's several. A few I like are Brave, SeaMonkey, Vivaldi and Chromium [NOT Google Chrome]. But the issue will still reside in a program specifically calling for IE to open, even some programs require it and won't install. Also involved is Web pages being written to recognize a different browser.

Reaction score
There's really nothing to solve, once an app is discontinued it's gone. Might check www.majorgeeks.com and its Browser section for a third-party program, there's several. A few I like are Brave, SeaMonkey, Vivaldi and Chromium [NOT Google Chrome]. But the issue will still reside in a program specifically calling for IE to open, even some programs require it and won't install. Also involved is Web pages being written to recognize a different browser.
Very disappointed. Always forcing people, like EVs today, one day people will be forced to drive in a barbiecar I guess.

Ask a Question