Hanging and broken apps

Reaction score
Nvidia Control Panel isnt working and has this weird darkened icon in the start menu, microsoft store isnt working either. Troubleshooting says that i have "Hanging" apps (while writing this i did it again and now it says i dont have them anymore even tho the issue is still there???) I had to reinstall windows twice now and nothing helped which i dont get. The issue started cuz for whatever stupid reason i had to change the premissions for my disc, which fucked up my taskbar and start menu(left clicking on start, seach or the ones on the right side of the taskbar did nothing, windows button on my keyboard didnt work either) First time i reinstalled windows but chose to keep some of my files, then none of my default windows apps worked (store,calc,gallery) I assumed that was because i fucked up something on my disc and keeping those files was causing that, so i reinstalled windows fresh and its still here. I did all the fixes i saw on yt, google like scanning my disc, restarting or reinstalling the apps that didnt work, put some code in powershell that started with Get-AppXPackage.
AND NONE OF THAT WORKED
idk what im doing wrong cuz idk much about how this bs works
just pls help me i dont have the patience or energy to actually think about what could be causing this

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screenshoots of some of the error im getting hope they help

edit: **** this just realised i cant even open my screenshots in my files cuz i get this error
(dont ask how i was able to open this one i dont even know anymore)
1.PNG

Ask a Question