SOLVED green and pink horizontal stripes on the screen - Pavilion dv6-3152sl

Reaction score
When I switch on my Pavilion dv6-3152sl, immediately after starting at the bottom of the screen there are green and pink horizontal stripes, just when Windows logo runs, which meanwhile looks unclear. These stripes disappear as soon as the light blue Windows 7 Home Edition system gives the chance to enter the password.

What's the problem in my notebook? What can I do to make these anomalous stripes not to be there during the laptop switch on?

Thanks for your support.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It could be a couple of things causing this. 1 is your GPU driver is outdated and or GPU is going bad. 2 is your LCD screen is going bad.

Reaction score
Before to try to fix the screen updating its two graphic drivers, i've decided to simply run the Windows 7 "Check and fix errors in the system". During the program there was no chance to read its dates on the monitor because just the "VGA" graphic ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series was the broken one. But at the end of the Windows 7 "Check and fix errors in the system" screen has been fixed. Problem solved, thanks to your help! :)

Ask a Question