Good Book

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just finished reading "The President is Missing"
I'm a big James Patterson fan and he co-authored the book with former president Bill Clinton.

As an avid reader, a tech nerd and something of a political junky, I've got to say that it was well worth the read and had something for both sides of my troubled psyche.
I thought, based on the title that I knew pretty much what the book would be about and what to expect.
I couldn't have been more wrong.

IF you've been reading and or listening to the news lately about Cyber Security and you like some good fiction, it might be worth your time.

Reaction score
35085389.jpg

Thanks for recommendation. :)

Reaction score
It is the sort of book I read. But not a book I would buy. My local library has 66 hold requests, I am now number 67.

The reviews on Amazon.CA are mixed.

Reaction score
" a tech nerd and something of a political junky, ."
I would really enjoy reading yout peronal views there1!!
But maybe we should stay out of personal views of world leaders (not only yours!)
"The President is Missing"
Well, something is missing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But maybe we should stay out of personal views of world leaders (not only yours!)
My "personal view" was and is.... that it's a pretty good book.
It's a work of fiction, an action thriller and as most in its' genre contains a fair amount of international intrigue.
It does not speak nor did I..... about any actual "world leaders" mine, yours or anyone else's.

It's just a good book, I recommended it and still recommend it for those who like this type of fiction and enjoy a relatively easy read.

Reaction score
Trouble you might like this. Rejoice by Steven Erikson. Political SF sort of.

I got it from my local library.

If you do read it DON'T read the Amazon reviews first. When you have read it or given up on it you may find them interesting.

If you do read I would be interested on your take on it and the reviews.

I got the Clinton/Patterson book from the library It was OK but nowhere near Early Tom Clancy!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
nowhere near Early Tom Clancy!
Nope it was more or less classic James Patterson with a little David Baldacci thrown in for good measure.

I devoured all the early Clancy books, but towards the end I just couldn't seem to plow through them anymore.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe checkout a couple audio books.
I usually have an audio book or two on my MP3 player and I listen when I take my walks.

Reaction score
I'm not a reader. You guys will have to have all the fun without me.
Lol. Once I was an incessant reader. Then came marriage and my family, and it , for me, became difficult to sit and be relaxed eough . Now I wait for the movie or the tv program to come out.

Reaction score
Maybe checkout a couple audio books.
Exactly what the Wife and I do and what can't be gotten from our local library can be found online.

Actually most everything can be found online although we believe in supporting our walk in local resources. :cool:

Ask a Question