Computer Shuts Down After Selecting Display 1 Option: How to Resolve?

Reaction score
I chose the Display 1 option, and suddenly my computer shut down. Now, when I try to turn it back on, it's unresponsive. How can I fix this issue?

Reaction score
There might be a hardware issue causing your computer to shut down. First, try unplugging your computer from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. If it still doesn't turn on, you might need to open up your case and check if all the cables are properly connected, especially the ones related to the display and power supply. If you're not comfortable doing this, you should better seek help from a professional technician.

Reaction score
This could be a problem with your graphics card or the display settings. Sometimes, selecting certain display options can cause the system to try and use a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor can't handle, leading to shutdowns. Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 (or Shift + F8) as your computer starts up and see if you can revert to the previous display settings. If safe mode works, you should be able to fix the issue from there.

Ask a Question