SOLVED Best suggested cloud service for the home

Reaction score
Hope ok to post this here.
With Google to change its services in 2021, i am looking for a personal cloud storage device.
I dont have a NAS. I am thinking of either the Kwilt shoe box or a Ibi.

thoughts?

Reaction score
thoughts?
Hi Seth,

my thoughts are that you don't use a cloud service but copy all your data to a USB storage device. The reason behind my thinking is that if the net ever goes down, all your data is out of reach, also, the cloud storage server could get hacked!. :cool:

Reaction score
I am using onedrive from Microsoft but have only files stored there that I wouldn't care to loose (nothing sensitive). I pretty much agree with Wolfie's statement. One never knows where the cloud storage is located and who has access to it beside myself.
Do you need to access your files from different locations?? If not, many routers nowadays have USB ports where external drives can be connected and are accessible throughout your own network.

Reaction score
I do have a spare toshiba 1TB HHD - though is 5yrs old? But then my router is out of ports.

Reaction score
Buy a USB storage device, they don't cost the Earth and are portable!. :)

Look on eBay or Amazon!. ;)

Reaction score
Well my Orbi does not allow hard drive connections. So something like the Kwilt or ibi is my best solution. They are hard drives that connect to a router via ethernet. So would be both local accessible as well as when traveling - when THATs possible. I have not seen comparisons so was hoping someone here had experience with them.

Ask a Question