Batch file to empty Quarantines

Reaction score
I have at least five folders in x32Win10ProV22H2 that are named Quarantine. I have tried unsuccessfully to empty them using a batch file with various codes suggested by Google. Are folders name Quarantine immune from auto-emptying ? If not, can I please get batch file code that would be effective. I've seen many suggestions to use Powershell - and would do so, if it is in batch file format.

Reaction score
What created the folders, Windows Defender/Microsoft Security or a third-party Antivirus or other program? How full are the folders?

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think that is the nature of quarantines. Preventing other applications from accessing anything within the quarantine. I don't have an answer for you. I've never had anything moved to quarantine that I wanted to recover. I've always used the application that quarantined the files to remove them. And if this is an ongoing issue. Then you have a virus contaminating all your files.

Reaction score
AdwCleaner; FRST; IObit Malware Fighter; Avast\IDS, MBAMService and Windows Defender.

Reaction score
Never heard of them being visible in windows explorer? As Bighorn asks: are they from a third pary source?
But, you can remove them manually if you want to by opening Windows Defender (if that was the source) and go to History tab and then select Quarantine and then click view all items and then remove.
They are normally removed automatically after a time.

Ask a Question