Apple products in file explorer

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have a few apple products; ipod nano, ipod 4th gen and a iphone 6. When connect to PC via apple usb cable and with itunes open it show device just fine. in file explorer the devices don't show. They used to show up there but not anymore. I do hear the beep for successful connection. They just don't show up.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Any chance your apple devices are locked?

That would stop them appearing courtesy of Apples new security for USB connections.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
No....opened and fully functional.

Since you mentioned USB connections, I have noticed that connecting my iphone to front panel USB 2.0 port (2) I get the constant connection beeping. If I move my cable to USB ports to the back of PC, no beeping, connects correctly, shows in iTunes but doesn't show in file explorer. They did...they don't now.

Reaction score
Weird! I have the same experience as Bass, with my "no longer young" Laptops. When I boot up with a macrium recovery USB, it woill only recognise the usb in the boot menu from one of my Laptop USB sockets. Otherwise all OK.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Do all these device access the iTune folder normally on your computer.

If they do check the properties of the iTune folder and see whether or not and check whether or not the Read only (Only applies to files in folder) is checked. If it is checked then remove that check.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Do all these device access the iTune folder normally on your computer.
Yes.

Looking at properties, read only box, the box just has a black square inside it.
As soon as I remove black box so it's empty, apply and OK out of it.....then recheck it, the box is right back to default.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Grrr -- that sounds like Microsoft if fighting to control the directory.

Can you change ownership, or at least give your self permissions with full control so you can remove that checked box.

Ask a Question