AMD Driver Issue

Reaction score
Hello fellow technicians. I installed a fresh Windows 10 64-bit, and everything works except the video driver. There are 3 video drivers to choose from, the Windows Generic video driver, the AMD driver 1, and the AMD driver 2 that I manually downloaded from the HP site. The generic driver works well, and the HP/AMD driver that I manually downloaded works well too. I can go to Device Manager, uninstall the problematic driver #2 and also delete the driver, and then I can use either the driver #1, or driver #3, and it works well, until I restart. When I restart, Windows automatically reverts back to the driver #2 that works very poorly. The symptoms from driver 2 is it freezes every 3 seconds, stays frozen for 1 seconds, then thaws for 3 seconds, then freezes again. I have definitely isolated the problem to the driver, it is not a PC slowness issue, and it is not a virus.

How can I permanently select a driver, and reinstall as many times as needed without the system switching a different video driver? Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
I said I already downloaded and used "the AMD driver that I manually downloaded"
I asked you to tell us what GPU you have so we can possibly determine as to whether you have the correct driver. It is very easy to overlook the correct package!. Also, please be polite, we aren't children. :)

Ask a Question