Airplane mode

Reaction score
problem was:

pc cant connect to wifi cos airplane mode randomly turned on by itself

you can google to see why computer does that - microsoft seems to have never fixed this

fixed this by turning off something in services (this goes to show how many services are bad and should be off by default, again a long-standing microsoft problem that they've never made better)

new problem:

the wifi icon on botton left changed to the airplane mode icon

and when old problem was fixed, airplane mode icon is stuck like that

what are steps to fix?

what are troubleshoot this?

Reaction score
Hi,

what version of Win 10 are you running?. An upgrade may solve the problem for you?. :)

Reaction score
On my computers with Wireless/Wi-Fi the icon in the Action Center on right end of the Taskbar will show the Network/Internet connection but can be turned off and if needed can turn on the Airplane mode, I just have to click things to get what I want. The Network icon shows there also on my Ethernet-connected Desktops.

Reaction score
HOW TO FIX AIRPLANE MODE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10 There are several reasons why a computer might get stuck in airplane mode. Most of the time, the problem arises due to software defects or glitches, bad hardware, faulty network adapter, or a simple function switch.

When a problem like this arises, the first attempt is to restart the computer. Oftentimes, the source of the problem will reveal itself with its similar fix. Let's go ahead.

HOW TO FIX AIRPLANE MODE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10​

To get your Windows 10 out of aeroplane mode follow these steps. These steps start with the easiest solutions and move to more advanced alternatives.

1:A SIMPLE RESTART OF THE COMPUTER:​

HOW TO FIX AIRPLANE MODE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10 There are several reasons why a computer might get stuck in airplane mode. Most of the time, the problem arises due to software defects or glitches, bad hardware, faulty network adapter, or a simple function switch.

When a problem like this arises, the first attempt is to restart the computer. Oftentimes, the source of the problem will reveal itself with its similar fix. Let's go ahead.

HOW TO FIX AIRPLANE MODE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10​

To get your Windows 10 out of aeroplane mode follow these steps. These steps start with the easiest solutions and move to more advanced alternatives.

1:A SIMPLE RESTART OF THE COMPUTER:​

As I said earlier that the first attempt is to restart your computer system, it is the first logical thing to do when facing any problems on a computer system. Following this step will give you an option of what next to do if the problem is not fixed. There is nothing a simple reboot can't fix.

Must Read: How to Reset Windows 10 PC to factory setting

2:TRY TO PUT ON AND OFF THE WIRELESS ADAPTER WITH KEYBOARD SHORTCUT:​

There is a key on the keyboard called function keys it is represented as (FN). This is for the computers that don’t have the Wifi switch (Wifi switch is used to on and off Wifi connections).

Since these computers don’t have a Wifi switch they make use of keyboard shortcuts. Press the FN and any key that is a radio shape or signal or wireless key shape to check if it turns off or on. If it turns off that means you will be able to fix it.

If it doesn’t turn off then that means there is something wrong with the drive, this is where the next steps come in.

Must Read: Best Window Shortcut Keys – Keyboard Shortcuts in Window

3. CHANGING OR UPGRADING THE NETWORK ADAPTER COMPLETELY:​

Read full article here

Ask a Question