Windows won't sleep after Clean Install

Reaction score
I recently did a clean install of Windows, but now my computer won't go to sleep. When I select the sleep option from the start menu, it just takes me to the lock screen. I've reset all power settings to default and tried multiple power plans, but nothing changes. The displays turn off after the set time, but the computer itself stays running.
When I check powercfg -lastwake, there are no results. i think tha's because the PC isn't actually going to sleep. Event Viewer shows the same under Windows Logs/System with the Power Troubleshooter filter.
If I enable Hibernate via the Choose what the power buttons do settings, the system will go into hibernate, but I can't wake it up. I have to use the power button, which shuts the system off, requiring a full boot.
As a side note, I usually keep timed sleep turned off for both the display and PC, preferring to manually put it to sleep. I have two other Windows 10 PCs with identical power plan settings, and they sleep as intended.
Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ask a Question