Windows 10 Random Freezing Issues

Reaction score
My Windows 10 laptop is freezing randomly. When I run the sfc /scannow command, it reports errors like "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them," but the freezing problem reoccurs after a few minutes. I’ve reinstalled Windows 10 after downgrading from Windows 11, and I’ve also cleaned the RAM, which initially helped for 2-3 days before the problem returned.

The freezing issue does not occur in Safe Mode, and my laptop battery health is down to 20%. Could this problem be related to the deteriorating battery? Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Freezing issues that occur outside of Safe Mode can often be tied to software or driver problems. Update all your drivers, especially for your graphics card and motherboard. Since you mentioned a declining battery health, it’s possible that the battery could be causing power delivery issues leading to system freezes. Test the laptop with the battery removed (if possible and safe) or while plugged in to check if that affects the freezing.

Ask a Question