Why does my windows 10 laptop go to a blank screen (theme color)?

Reaction score
sometimes my laptop goes to a black screen or a blank screen that matches my theme color, leaving me no choice but to force shut it down. could this indicate a virus or malware? my laptop is also quite old. i tried researching this problem but couldn't find any information. any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
your laptop might not support the latest version of Windows 10 anymore, specifically your video card. I have the same issue with my old laptop. It only can run Windows 10 up to version 1803, anything later the screen will flicker constantly and sometimes goes blank.
BTW: my old laptop is 17 years old and it used to be my main computer. Recently I had to have it replaced though because of the age and the progressing loss of performance. It still runs though.....

Reaction score
mine is an acer aspire 4730z but to be honest i'm still not ready to give up on this one. Thank you for these ideas! i have the same blank screen issue. I tried to think better and it might have started after an update. I'll check the version when I get home.

Reaction score
Well, I had to abandon it, once it has only 4GB RAM of which only 3,37GB are used (due to the ICH7 chipset), the other reason is that even though I have replaced the HDD with a SSD, it still takes long to load and operate. Finally, the display is getting more and more dim (no surprise after 17 years of daily use. It has served me well and deserves to retire.

Ask a Question