Updates to slow

Reaction score
Why oh why does it take forever for microsoft updates to download?...This one has been going on all night since 19:30....Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.127 (KB890830)

Reaction score
I gave up Grizzly in the end and shut the laptop down. I'm stuck with 4gb on this laptop and the updates and defender going all the time just brings my laptop to a stand still.

Reaction score
I gave up Grizzly in the end and shut the laptop down. I'm stuck with 4gb on this laptop and the updates and defender going all the time just brings my laptop to a stand still.
That is one reason I have retired my old laptop (4GB RAM). It could not keep up anymore and everything took eternities to finish.
8GB is comfortable to use. My latest Laptop has 32GB RAM (I know, I went a little overboard, but it runs like a Rocket)

Reaction score
What sort did you get?..Mines a Lenovo IdeaPad 4gb, absolutely useless.

Reaction score
£852.00....Must be a good one mate. Same thing over goes for £899.99 16 gb ($1160.80 ... Could you game on that then?.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't do a thing with my Lenovo just lately, all it does all the time is check for updates 24/7..Can't stop it, when I eventually get to switch it off, it goes in to updating mode and shuts down and a restart just goes into the same thing, updating your computer and when I eventually get into the desktop mode, it starts checking for updates again..it's in a loop I think.

Reaction score
In the end, I wiped the disc and started again with a download from microsoft. It seems to have worked, all the updates are downloaded and I don't have an issue anymore, the system must have become corrupted.

Ask a Question