SendTo shortcuts not working anymore

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few shortcuts added to shell:sendto for easily accessing and providing file parameters to some programs I use, like a diff tool. I used to click on two files, choose "Send to," and then select the diff tool to get a comparison shown. Unfortunately, this functionality doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'm not sure if this is a general issue caused by an update or something local. I noticed it because the shortcut for the diff tool no longer appears in the Send To context menu. The shortcut file is still in shell:sendto, but it’s not working.

I experimented by creating a hard link to my diff tool, which made it reappear in the Send To context menu, but it didn't run when selected. I also put a small program directly into the Send To folder, but that was not executed either.

This used to work a few days ago, and I’m not aware of any changes to the system. Do you have any hints on how to get this function working again?

Ask a Question