Reset Windows 10 without Admin Password: options for an old HP Mini PC

Reaction score
I've recently bought an old HP Mini PC previously used in a business. My intention is to repurpose it as a dedicated server for gaming. However, I don't have the admin password and can't log in to Windows. My friend, who gave me the PC, doesn't know the password either. Moreover, I'm unable to connect the PC to the internet to reset the password due to inaccessible Wi-Fi settings and the lack of an Ethernet port on my router (Starlink). Can I simply plug in a USB drive with a fresh Windows install and reset the hard drive or is there a way to reset it from the home page? Will reinstalling Windows remove any lingering administrator settings, such as blocked programs or monitoring software?
Thank you for your assistance.

Reaction score
I don't have the admin password and can't log in to Windows
The best thing to do is a clean install of Windows on previously used computers, gets rid of any Windows passwords and previous-owners data. If the BIOS has one or two passwords there's a hardware process to remove them.

Ask a Question