PC freezes randomly and makes an error sound

Reaction score
My PC freezes randomly and emits an error sound. I’ve tried all the recommended solutions, including updating drivers, performing a secure erase from the BIOS, and reinstalling Windows 10, but the issue persists.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Reaction score
After next restart, go to Event Viewer - Custom - Admin to check any error logs, try to fix them one by one. Reinstalling OS is the last resort, it's definitely less painless if you know it will solve the issue. I haven't reinstalled any Win OS since Vista.

Reaction score
There might be a hardware issue at play. One thing to try is running a memory diagnostic test. You can do this by typing "Windows Memory Diagnostic" into the search bar and following the prompts.
Also, consider checking your PC’s temperature with a tool like HWMonitor to ensure it’s not overheating. Random freezes and error sounds can be related to faulty RAM or overheating components.

Reaction score
Given that you’ve already updated drivers and reinstalled Windows, another possibility is that there could be an issue with your hardware, like a failing hard drive or loose connections. Try running a full diagnostic on your hard drive using a tool like CrystalDiskInfo to check for any potential issues. Additionally, make sure all internal cables and components are securely connected. Sometimes, a loose cable can cause random freezes and errors. If none of these steps help, it might be useful to take your PC to a repair shop for a more thorough hardware inspection.

Ask a Question