One of my keys doesn't function properly unless I hold down Shift key

Reaction score
Hello! Specifically, the "o" key doesn't work on my keyboard after a recent update. If I press the Shift key along with the "o" key, it prints a capital "O". And if I hold down the "o" key and then press the Shift key, it prints a lowercase "o".

I already tried various troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. I deleted all keyboard devices, including hidden ones, from the Device Manager, and then restarted the computer. However, the problem persisted. This issue has been ongoing for about three months. Additionally, restoring the computer to its previous settings did not resolve the problem. I also checked for driver updates for my keyboard, but none were found.
I connected two other keyboards to the computer, but the "o" key did not work on them either. One possibility is that a key binding may have been inadvertently installed on the "o" key, causing it to perform a different function when pressed. However, I'm unsure how to view or remove any installed key bindings.
It's worth noting that the computer does register when I press the "o" key, as it correctly inputs the character when typing my password.

I'm hoping for assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you!

Ask a Question