Notepad Find Function Issue

Reaction score
In Notepad, when I use the Find function (Ctrl+F), clicking "Find Next" moves the text down but doesn't highlight anything, and the cursor disappears. If the text being searched is close to the current cursor position, it works temporarily, but the issue recurs when the text is further away.
However, if the Notepad window is maximized, the Find function works perfectly regardless of file size or cursor position.

Reaction score
@heimskautq7
Just now came across your post from last month but since the Find appears okay when the window is Maximized but not when reduced and if the horizontal scroll bar is visible I'd try using Ctrl and the mouse wheel to reduce the contents of the window or the Ctrl and - to change the view to get more data in the window and try again, may be the cursor isn't in the right place. May also be affected by the Font size.

Reaction score
@heimskautq7
Just now came across your post from last month but since the Find appears okay when the window is Maximized but not when reduced and if the horizontal scroll bar is visible I'd try using Ctrl and the mouse wheel to reduce the contents of the window or the Ctrl and - to change the view to get more data in the window and try again, may be the cursor isn't in the right place. May also be affected by the Font size.
Thanks for the suggestion! I tried reducing the contents of the window with Ctrl and the mouse wheel, and also used Ctrl and - to change the view. It helped a bit but the problem still occurs intermittently. The font size doesn't seem to make a difference either. It's really strange because maximizing the window always solves the issue immediately. I wonder if this might be a bug with Notepad itself or something related to my system's display settings.

Reaction score
It most likely is the graphics adapter or its drivers. I'd go into Device Manager, uninstall the adapter drivers and reboot, should get fresh copy loaded.

Ask a Question