No internet icon and unable to download updates despite ethernet connection

Reaction score
I’m facing a frustrating issue with my computer. About a month or two ago, after my mom couldn’t pay the internet bill for a day, my computer, which is connected via ethernet, began showing a "no internet" icon. Since then, I haven’t been able to download updates, install .NET Framework 3.5, and the "Activate Windows" prompt keeps appearing in the bottom right corner.

I’m considering resetting my computer and reinstalling Windows to resolve the problem, but I’m not sure what’s causing this issue. I even tried using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, but that’s not working either. What could be wrong with my system?

Reaction score
I’m facing a frustrating issue with my computer. About a month or two ago, after my mom couldn’t pay the internet bill for a day, my computer, which is connected via ethernet, began showing a "no internet" icon. Since then, I haven’t been able to download updates, install .NET Framework 3.5, and the "Activate Windows" prompt keeps appearing in the bottom right corner.

I’m considering resetting my computer and reinstalling Windows to resolve the problem, but I’m not sure what’s causing this issue. I even tried using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, but that’s not working either. What could be wrong with my system?
The first thing to do is check with the ISP that the payment was credited to the account and that the account has been re-activated, sometimes it's not automatic.

Ask a Question