Netflix App has no download option on Windows 10

Reaction score
I’m using Windows 10 and have downloaded the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store. However, I’m not seeing a download option for any movies or shows. I understand that some titles don’t support downloads, but there is no download option available for any content.

Downloading works fine on my mobile device, and my subscription allows downloads on up to two devices, including my laptop. This issue started occurring after a recent update; I was able to download content without issues before the update.

Any advice on how to resolve this problem?

Reaction score
Hi bullocksfamiliar, it sounds like the recent update might have caused issues with the Netflix app. Try checking for any app updates in the Microsoft Store and reinstalling the Netflix app. Also, ensure that your Windows 10 is fully updated, as this might resolve compatibility issues affecting the download feature.

Reaction score
Try resetting the Netflix app. Go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Advanced options and click on “Reset.” This can sometimes resolve issues related to missing features. If the problem persists, consider rolling back the recent update or checking Netflix’s support page for any known issues.

Reaction score
Hi there, you might want to clear the Netflix app cache. Open Settings > Apps > Netflix > Advanced options and select “Repair” or “Reset.” If this doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the app. Sometimes, issues after updates can be fixed with a clean reinstall.

Ask a Question