My laptop works so slow after update on 8/19/2024

Reaction score
After the update on 8/19/2024, my laptop has been operating very slowly. That evening, after shopping for cruises, I completed a required Microsoft “update and shutdown.” When I turned it back on, it became extremely slow, with long delays between clicks and responses (e.g., the Start menu wouldn’t pop up, and the browser wouldn’t open). A Webroot scan showed no threats. After turning it off overnight, the next morning it was extremely slow to start up, taking forever for the taskbar to open, and continued to process slowly with the cursor just spinning. The laptop worked perfectly before this update. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Reaction score
I have a ver similar problem. After an 8-15-2024 my computer has run very slow. It's getting progressively worse each day. When I click on a document, link, ... I see a blue circle on my screen indicating the ccomputer is working to execute my command. The when the document is open I can moce my cursor to the top of mt screen and the circle continues for a bit longer, This also happens when I close a document, file, browser...

I sure tis means my computer is running slower, but why? The update, something wrong with suppoeting software, something wrong with my hardware? I have no idea and would appreciate any feedback from the Forum.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Please excuse the horrible typos. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Also: I'm working on a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10.

Ask a Question