SOLVED MOVIES AND TV App is NOT working AT ALL!

Reaction score
I have W10, WITH the new 20H2 feature update.
The Windows MOVIE & TV VIEWER app has stopped working COMPLETELY. When I double-click on ANY video file, I get the app's nice blue screen with the app's "clapboard" logo in the center of the field of blue. USUALLY, this just pops onto the screen for about 1/2 second, immediately followed by the video. NOW, it goes onto the screen and stays there forever, without playing the video.
I have checked the app's settings. All appears to be correct. I have attempted to run a troubleshooter. I am CLUELESS WITHOUT ANY HOPE OF EVER HAVING A CLUE as to how to delete and download and install the app again.
Please HELP!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Try uninstalling the app and then reboot and go to MS Store and re-download it and then try it and see what happens.

Reaction score
I did this, AND IT NOW WORKS. I did have to reboot again after the download and install before it actually worked. Thank you so very much. Had it not been for you, I'd have gone crazy trying to get this to be fixed. Thanks again. BQS

Ask a Question