Missing Audio Drivers for Monitor After Factory Reset

Reaction score
Hi,

After a factory reset on my PC, my audio drivers for the monitor are missing from Device Manager.

A month ago, I noticed a weird boot screen with a broken loading animation. Attempts to update drivers and the system didn’t help, and eventually, the screen started flashing colors. I made some system changes, which fixed the boot animation but led to a "Password not set up" error, preventing me from logging in. This forced me to do a factory reset.

Post-reset, the boot screen issues are gone, but now there’s no sound on YouTube, and the audio drivers don’t show up in Device Manager. I’ve restarted my PC multiple times and reset the monitor, but the issue persists. The monitor works fine with my Xbox, so it's not the monitor itself. I also can’t find drivers for the monitor on the manufacturer's website.

Reaction score
the audio drivers don’t show up in Device Manager
Did you check the Sound section of Device Manager in addition to the Audio section? I have 3 monitors with built-in speakers and they don't require drivers, just the audio cable between the port on them to the computer.

Ask a Question