SOLVED McAfee problems

Reaction score
Anybody else having McAfee problems? Recently my McAfee Total Protection was uninstalled to fix a slow running computer problem. Unpon re-intsall the technician ran into problems that indicated that remnants of McAfee still needed to be removed. The tecnician was unable to do this, tried several times. I was referred to McAfee. McAfee tried several times without success. Then McAfee told me this was a known problem and had already been elevated to the next level of technicians. They told me they would e-mail and call me when they resolved the issue. This has left me without any virus protection. It's been 5 days now so, I checked with McAfee again. Same story, it is a known problem and it has been elevated to a higher level of technicians, the engineers. I asked to speak to the engineers however, the customer service agent told me he could not provide access to the engineers. But they will contact me when the problem is resolved. No projection for resolution. So here I sit, 5 days without virus protection and no McAfee support. Note: I tried to log onto the McAfee support forum but it is unavailable.

Is anybody else having similar issues? If so when did your problems start and what is the nature of your problem.

I hope this is the correct place to post this info and question, if not, let me know where I should post it.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I finally received a reply from McAfee. One of their engineers. He spent quite some time with me and was able to uninstall and re-install a ne version of McAfee on my computer. Now I have antivirus protection again.

The problem was the un-install would not complete because there were fragments of McAfee scattered in many loations in the computer filing system. The engineer knew where to look for the fragments and removed them all manualy. One done the re-install worked.

Problem resolved.

Reaction score
It looks like you let someone remotely access your PC, right?
You consider your PC trustworthy?? I wouldn't unless I myself remove the files by "the engineer" saying so.

Ask a Question