Left Ctrl Key Not Working

Reaction score
Hello, I've encountered a strange issue where my left Ctrl key has stopped working entirely. It used to be stuck on, causing actions like opening or closing tabs when pressing T or W. Previously, my main keyboard's right Ctrl key worked, and on my second keyboard, the left Ctrl key worked. Now, with only one keyboard plugged in, the left Ctrl key isn't functioning. I've tried uninstalling and updating HID keyboard drivers and all common troubleshooting methods. Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Speaking of 2 keyboards plugged in at the same time suggests either a Notebook or Desktop computer is involved. Also suggests USB ports are being used but can't tell if USB 2 or USB 3. Does the BIOS have a diagnostic for the hardware? One of my diagnostics is to boot a Linux Mint LiveUSB and see if the hardware works properly outside of Window influence.

Ask a Question