I want to turn Off Windows Updates permanently

Reaction score
I adjusted my settings to instruct Microsoft NOT to update anything on my system. Despite this, my computer continues to prompt me with warnings about critical updates that are automatically installed upon restart, against my choice.
It seems to wait until I'm shutting down my system and then initiates a forced update. Or if this doesn’t happen, it repeatedly prompts me until I'm unavailable to stop the countdown.
I entered into settings in both Control Panel and Settings, and selected NOT to receive ANY updates. What else can I do?

Reaction score
Sorry but as long as a computer is connected to the Internet there is really no way to stop all updates. Long ago it was announced that some Upgrades and/or updates to them can't be avoided and some may not even be shown to the User. It is possible to use a different computer and the Windows Update Catalog to download then transfer via external drive to install only those desired but then how would one determine that need without being connected.

Ask a Question