I can't activate real-time protection, and I suspect it's due to a virus or malware

Reaction score
Even after fully resetting my PC, I still can't toggle it on and I don't have any other antivirus software installed.
I installed a game from Ocean of Games, and it prompted me to activate real-time protection. I closed the prompt and ran a file as an administrator, which seemed to activate real-time protection, but now the toggle button appears greyed out and unresponsive. I can't enable or disable it, and scanning is also not possible. Additionally, the "Reset this PC" option doesn't work, and all features associated with real-time protection are inaccessible, indicating that the settings are managed by the administrator.
I think something may be installed in the Windows32 folder, despite having fully reset my PC and restored all settings. I'm unable to update Windows Security, and I can't see the option to exclude files, as it says I don't have permission to access it.
All of these started after installing that particular file by running it as an administrator. I urgently need assistance in restoring my PC to its clean state. Thank you!

Reaction score
I'd download and run the portable ClamWin to check the computer.

Ask a Question