HP Victus Laptop Stuck at 64-68% During Factory Reset

Reaction score
Hello! My attempt to factory reset my HP Victus laptop has been unsuccessful as it repeatedly restarts at 64-68% completion for the past two days. The process stalls at this point, displaying a blue screen with the progress percentage, then briefly showing the Victus logo before restarting and repeating the cycle. I wanted to use System Repair via the F11 key but encountered an error. Additionally, when trying to download Windows from the cloud, I'm only given the option to select a local source.

I initiated the factory reset due to concerns after inadvertently installing malware. Although I removed the malware I wanted to ensure a thorough reset to safeguard my system.

Reaction score
I've seen this issue before with HP laptops. Try to create a bootable USB or hard reset your laptop. To do this, turn off your laptop, disconnect all external devices, and unplug the power adapter. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual power. Then, reconnect the power adapter and try to turn on your laptop again. If it boots up try accessing the recovery options once more. If it doesn't work, the bootable USB method is your best bet.

Reaction score
Why don't you try contacting HP support directly? They can provide specific guidance for your model and might offer a recovery USB stick if you're unable to create one yourself. Additionally, they can run diagnostics to check if there's a hardware problem causing the reset to fail. If your laptop is still under warranty, they might be able to repair or replace any faulty components for free.

Ask a Question