HP Laptop Windows 10 Reset Failure: Unable to Boot Properly

Reaction score
My attempt to reset my HP laptop running Windows 10 failed, and now it won't boot up properly. After the failed reset, I encountered an error message stating that my PIN is no longer available due to recent changes, and it prompted me to log in with my Microsoft account. However, upon attempting to do so, the screen turns black and remains unresponsive. I can see the mouse pointer and occasionally an hourglass icon appears briefly, but the system doesn't progress beyond this point.

I've attempted to log in multiple times and have left the laptop running for hours, hoping it might resolve itself, but after four days, I'm still stuck with a black screen and cursor.

Could you please suggest what might be causing this issue and how I can resolve it? My laptop is crucial for both business and personal work, and I can't afford to replace it right now.

Ask a Question