How to Upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit?

Reaction score
I have an old PC with Windows 7 and Windows XP that I love using because of its numerous ports, including a floppy disk, two DVD drives, and a Blu-ray drive. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 to use it until Windows 10's official end of support. However, I'm facing issues:
The Windows 10 update tool says, "This is not a valid win32 application."
The Windows 10 media creation tool crashes, and after restarting, it tells me to restart the system again.
How can I successfully upgrade my 32-bit system from Windows 7 to Windows 10? Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
I just tried it on my old machine and it crashed as well. I assume that it crashes because it is a 64bit application which will not run in a 32bit environment anyway.
The only way you can install windows 10 on your old machine is to create a bootable medium (CD?DVD or flashdrive, which is preferred) and boot from that. However, make sure your CPU can handle the SSE command set. Mine can't that is why I am stuck on Windows 7 with it. If you try to install it with your medium it either will tell you that it cannot install due to the restriction I already talked about or it will simply crash. Then you will know.
BTW: you can only do a clean install and only if you already have a Windows 10 key, because you cannot use the Windows 7 key to activate it anymore, neither can a Windows 8 key. An upgrade is no longer possible AFAIK.
JUST FYI ! !

Ask a Question