How to remove "Learn About This Picture" icon and stop Automatic Background Cycling

Reaction score
I have an inactive Windows 10 license and I’m dealing with a couple of issues. There’s a "Learn About This Picture" icon on my desktop that won’t go away, and my background keeps cycling through various photos related to this "Learn About This Picture" feature.

I’ve uninstalled Bing, but the issue persists. Is this something I enabled by mistake? How can I remove the icon and reset the background to its default?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Can Windows not be activated for some reason? If Windows has not been activated could be that background feature is acting like a watermark and letting the user know something more has to be done. Granted, the EOL for Win10 is Oct. 14, 2025 but the computer itself won't automatically quit working, just won't get updates and programs won't be supported if Windows is not supported. Also, not activating goes against the EULA/End User License Agreement that we pay for in one way or another.

Ask a Question