How can I Recover my hacked Microsoft account?

Reaction score
My Microsoft account was hacked, and despite my efforts, I can't regain access. I've contacted support and filled out the recovery form, but nothing has worked. The form didn’t allow me to provide additional proof like screenshots and receipts.

This account is crucial for me. Any advice on alternative recovery methods or support channels would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
There’s an excellent tutorial here by Diane Poremsky who is an MVP so the information is 100% reliable on what your options are:

Please be aware that as the email address has been changed to that of the hacker &/or 2fa/mfa has been enabled then usually there’s nothing which can be done.

Reaction score
Make sure to double-check the recovery form and ensure you’ve filled out every detail accurately. Small mistakes can lead to rejection. Try reaching out to Microsoft Support via Twitter. Sometimes, they respond faster there. If you’ve previously set up security information like a phone number or secondary email, try to use those for recovery attempts.

Reaction score
Check your email for any clues from Microsoft about unusual sign-in activity. Sometimes they contain important details or links. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, use it to regain access.

Reaction score
Hey aviar7h, sorry to hear about your issue. Here’s something that worked for me. Did you ever receive or create a recovery code? If so, you can use it to reset your password.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try filling out the recovery form with as much detail as possible, but it keeps getting denied. I haven't tried contacting support via Twitter yet, so I'll give that a shot next.

Ask a Question